Chinook Salvo™ 1kg 2023Regular price $0.00
Chinook hops are suitable for any stage of the boil. They're not only a natural for American-style Pale Ales and IPAs, but they also find their way into seasonal ales, barley wine and some porters and stouts. The variety is a cross between Petham Golding and a USDA male and features a pine-like, spicy bouquet with robust flavors of grapefruit.
Released in 1985, Chinook has recently grown in popularity, particularly among craft breweries. Currently, they're commercially featured alone in Stone's Arrogant Bastard and in addition to Cascade and Centennial in Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale - a brew famous for its piney, citrusy character.
Advantages to Salvo
- Boost aroma/flavor
- No bitterness
- No added vegetative matter
- Initial trials have been shown to extend shelf-life in most applications
Usage & Methods
- Late kettle aroma/flavor – add late in the boil period or when filling whirlpool
- Liquify the extract by warming the can and pour contents into the kettle/whirlpool
- Best homogenization can be achieved by a strong mixing flow during early portion of cast out to whirlpool or by adding 5-10 minutes prior to the end of boil
- When calculating dosage, start with 10 grams oil / bbl.
- Subject to beer style and aroma/flavor preferences
Notes & Suggestions
- Pre-warm cans using a hot water bath (> 140°F) or store on a hot surface (i.e. kettle dome or boiler room)