Bravo™ Salvo™ 1kg 2023Regular price $0.00
Bravo's high alpha content is largely attributable to its parent variety, Zeus. Its bittering quality is considered smooth and in addition, features light floral aromas and subtle flavors of orange and stone fruit making it highly desirable for use in many different ale styles.
Developed as part of the Hopsteiner Breeding Program, Bravo hops were released to the public in 2006 as a high-yielding and vigorous late-season hop with a high alpha profile and balanced oils. Bravo also has a history of being picked up by US West Coast breweries where similar hops have been in low supply.
Flavours: Orange, vanilla, floral, sweet
Advantages to Salvo
- Boost aroma/flavor
- No bitterness
- No added vegetative matter
- Initial trials have been shown to extend shelf-life in most applications
Usage & Methods
- Late kettle aroma/flavor – add late in the boil period or when filling whirlpool
- Liquify the extract by warming the can and pour contents into the kettle/whirlpool
- Best homogenization can be achieved by a strong mixing flow during early portion of cast out to whirlpool or by adding 5-10 minutes prior to the end of boil
- When calculating dosage, start with 10 grams oil / bbl.
- Subject to beer style and aroma/flavor preferences
Notes & Suggestions
- Pre-warm cans using a hot water bath (> 140°F) or store on a hot surface (i.e. kettle dome or boiler room)