Sultana™ Salvo™Regular price $253.12
Sultana™ is a mountain of a hop with big cones, big oils, and big aromas. Sultana™ popularity stems from its huge aroma and flavour profile, as it exhibits big, fruity, ripe pineapple notes, bright citrus, and a subtle hint of pine.
When looking at ways to improve aroma intensity, Salvo™ and Aroma Extract are the two best choices. Salvo™ delivers an impactful variety of specific flavours and aromas as a fractionated form of CO2 hop extract. In this product, α-acids have been removed to explicitly enhance aroma with little to no added bitterness. Salvo™ is best used as a late kettle/whirlpool addition to partially replace leaf or pellet hops, and since Salvo™ contains no vegetative matter, Salvo™ can help mitigate beer yield loss.
- Boost aroma/flavor
- No bitterness
- No added vegetative matter
- Initial trials have been shown to extend shelf-life in most applications
Usage & Methods
- Late kettle aroma/flavor – add late in the boil period or when filling the whirlpool
- Liquify the extract by warming the can and pouring contents into the kettle/whirlpool
- Best homogenization can be achieved by a strong mixing flow during early portion of cast out to whirlpool or by adding 5-10 minutes prior to the end of boil
- When calculating dosage, start with 10 grams oil / bbl.
- Subject to beer style and aroma/flavor preferences
Notes & Suggestions
- Pre-warm cans using a hot water bath (> 140°F) or store on a hot surface (i.e. kettle dome or boiler room)